Keeping our Police Force Safe
An increasing number of road accidents is now the leading cause of a 2.22% incremental growth of the market for crash barrier systems.
Police pursuits are among the most challenging operational situations.
Australian Institute of Criminology’s most recent study on the issue in 2011 identified there were 4,175 pursuits across Australia.
Between 2000 and 2011 there were 218 deaths in 185 crashes. Of those killed 38% were bystanders, while the other 62% of deaths involved the driver or passenger of the pursued vehicle.
Amongst all our solutions at Australian Bollards’, we recommend Retractable Road Spikes to keep our officers safe on pursuits.
These Road Spikes set an obstacle, effectively intercepting vehicles by a simple click of a button and can be controlled from up to 50 meters away from the device.
The main body of the product is made of high strength and high toughness engineering plastic (PA+PE), rubber sleeves and steel nails and can be opened and closed at will due to steel rivets.
Made of nitride stainless steel tube, the steel pins deflate and depressurise tyres, leaving the vehicle incapable of driving off.
Four to six triangular steel pins are expelled into the tyres in less than 20 seconds.
Each pin is provided with a central vent hole, and a discard groove connected to the central hole.
When the wheel meets the hard die-cast zinc aluminium alloy nail barricade, the triangular steel nail pierces the wheel as it rotates, deepening the puncture on the tyre expelling gas rapidly and efficiently.
After a vehicle is intercepted successfully, the Retractable Road Spikes can be used again once steel nails and rubber sleeves are replaced.
The road spikes are ideal in sensitive areas requiring tough security such as military bases, airports, embassies and in high-speed police chases.
This product features recyclability, adaptability, free expansion and is lightweight and easy to use.
The deployment of portable road blockers is achievable with a single person.
Contact the team at australianbollards.com.au or speak to a team member on +613 9459 3488.
Keep it safe. keep it Local. Keep it Australian made.
#highsecurity #policedeath #safety #traffic #roadsafety #batteryoperated #safetysolutions #roadspikes #savinglives #protection #prevention #assetprotection #speed #roadbarriers #tyrekiller #Australianmade #recycle #adaptability #lightweight #easyuse #police