Australian Bollards Nappe Flow Flexi Splitter Pier Bollard (Splitter pier/Nappe Splitter/Flow splitter/Nappe Blocks/Nappe breakers/Weir bollard), in hydraulic engineering terms, it is a device (fixed vertical fins) designed to break up the flow of water or nappe into several narrower flows.
This is to create numerous gaps in the nappe flow and allowing for a combined ingress of air to flow over a dam wall or weir, replacing the use of traditional rigid splitters, with or without shear arrangements.
Used also to accelerate the flow, to reduce the potential for severe negative pressures inducted at the zone of impact downstream, to reduce the likelihood of nappe vibration that might cause the failure of a dam wall, by aerating the water flow and to control undesirable sonic effects caused by the nappe flow.
They are also used to restrict large flows of storm water, in situations where a storm water management device is designed only to treat small storms.
Another further use for an Australian Bollards Nappe Flow Flexi Splitter Pier Bollard (Splitter pier/Nappe Splitter/Flow splitter/Nappe Blocks/Nappe breakers/Weir bollard) is to again break up the nappe so as to allow fish, such as salmon to swim upstream and over small weirs.
This new development product, of the Australian Bollards Nappe Flow Flexible Splitter Pier Bollard (Splitter pier/Nappe Splitter/Flow splitter/Nappe Blocks/Nappe breakers/Weir bollard), which Australian Bollards have been developing in conjunction with Sun Water Toowoomba Queensland, is to replace the traditional fixed/shear pin Splitter Piers/Nappe Splitters, designed applications as follows:
Australian Bollards Nappe Flow Flexi Splitter Pier Bollard
- - By dividing the Nappe flow into multiple segments.
- - By allowing the ingress of air in the Nappe flow.
- - By accelerating the Nappe flow.
- - Then flexibly bending to horizontal, then returns automatically to the fully vertical position to perform its normal functions, after flood & or high flow events.
- - Then Flexibly bending & deflecting when struck with debris of timber log(s), tree(s) & branch(s), swept along with the Nappe flow during normal or high flood & or high flow events.
Product benefits/consequence mitigation-elimination:
- - Reducing the potential negative pressures at the zone of impact, downstream of the Nappe flow.
- - Providing control of the undesirable sonic effects of the Napper flow.
- - Eliminating lost and damaged traditional product & current methods of using fixed splitters.
- - Eliminating the OH&S risks of potential unsafe re-instalment process, of replacing traditional fixed/shear pin Splitter piers/Nappe splitters currently being used.
Product Solutions/cost savings:
- - High costly continued product replacement lost/damaged traditional fixed/shear pin Splitter piers/Nappe splitters, during high flood or high flow events.
- - High costly continued maintenance operations alternative of traditional current potentially unsafe OH&S operations.
FREE! Written quote, specific to your needs.
FREE! Quick and easy, over the phone advice.
FREE! Down loadable specifications and drawings.
ENQUIRE TODAY! Credit cards, EFT welcome, Fast delivery and installation for both single & bulk orders Australia Wide.
We Make! We Stock! We Supply! We Deliver! We Install! We Maintain!
Welcome to Australian Bollards, aesthetically pleasing architecturally designed, functional, high quality, strong and durable, “One Stop Shop” comprehensive range of products.
That provide you the perfect economic and cost effective, must have budget solution, for your specific needs. Our Bollards are designed to protect Infrastructure, traffic management, car parking system & asset protection.
We design, manufacture, stock, install, deliver and maintain our Bollards, to exacting specifications.
With complete attention to detail, to provide excellent protection, for personnel, business commercial and or Federal, State or local council assets and security.
Since its inception in 1992, in excess of 22 years the Australian Bollards team, has been successfully been providing a wealth of knowledge and expertise, guiding many thousands of customers on the correct Bollards selections, appropriate to their specific projects applications.
Our Australian made and developed Bollards, have come a long way from the simple rigid post construction of yester year and are ideal for a wide range of environments, application, uses and duty type options, in all Australia wide conditions.
Our company prides itself in being innovative and solutions orientated Australian based manufacture, working with Australia’s largest commercial and government authorities, providing services which range from bollards, handrails and general engineering services, to building maintenance from our experienced team, all over the country over the past twenty three years, based on our two word philosophy of “Service & Quality”
They are all manufactured and installed, by our expertly trained and experienced professional installers.
Whether it be for:
Pedestrian & Vehicle Control Bollards
Medium Duty “Energy Absorbing” Control Bollard
Vehicle No Parking & No Entry Control Bollards
Medium or Heavy Duty “Energy Absorbing” Control Bollard
Property & Asset Protection Bollards
Heavy Duty “Energy Absorbing” Protecting Bollard
Security & Defence Bollards
High Duty “Impact Attack” Defence Bollard
Types of bollards:
In a range of application and locations from:
We also manufacture and supply:
- - Access Control System Housing stands for keypads, Intercoms, HID, Proximity, Swipe and Smart Card Readers.
- - Car park safe and secure over car bonnet storage box cabinet lockers.
- - Handrails.
- - Steel staircases.
- - Structural beams.
- - Bike Racks.
- - Bike hoops.
- - Speed Humps.
- - Wheel Stops.
- - Boom gates.
- - Security fencing.
- - Variable Rate Boards.
- - Convex Mirrors.
- - Street furniture.
Free shipping on all orders!